Magnet Schools Application
NOTE: THE APPLICATION PERIOD HAS ENDED AS OF JANUARY 15, 2012
Agreement of Understanding (as stated in the EXPIRED 2012-2013 Magnet Application)
Agreement of Understanding
By submitting an online application, I acknowledge my understanding of the following conditions for this application:
THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF THIS APPLICATION IS JANUARY 15, 2012.
Failure to complete all requested information may cause this application to be rejected.
Additional information may be required by individual schools and must be submitted to those schools by the application deadline as part of the application process.
Eligibility may be determined by such factors as skill, talent, academic performance, conduct, written essay, and interest.
Preference is given to eligible applicants with siblings currently attending and who will be in attendance at the same magnet school during the
school year for which the student is applying.
Siblings will be accepted based upon the availability of open seats in the grade level for which the student is applying. Sibling preference does not apply
to students applying for Visual & Performing Arts programs.
When the number of eligible student applicants, other than Visual & Performing Arts, exceeds the number of seats available, a random selection
process will be utilized to admit eligible applicants.
Failure to respond to an offer of acceptance by the specified deadline will be interpreted as a parent/guardian decline of program acceptance.
Applications received from October 1, 2011, through January 15, 2012, will be eligible for consideration for enrollment in the 2012-2013 school year.
Applications DO NOT guarantee placement.
1. Only one (1) application per student will be accepted. Duplicates or revisions WILL NOT be accepted.
2. Please complete all required areas. Failure to sign and/or complete all sections may result in the application not being processed.
3. All applications will be processed only at the office of School Choice & Parental Options. Please send your applications directly to the office as listed below. Students may apply to a maximum of five (5) schools (one (1) PROGRAM per school). If more than five (5) selections are made, we will process only five (5) and reserve the right to make this application void.
4. School Choice & Parental Options will only process the official Magnet Application Form. Any documents, transcripts, recommendation forms, etc., required by individual schools, MUST be sent directly to the attention of the Magnet Lead Teacher at the individual schools to which you are applying. Items other than the official Magnet Application Form sent to School Choice & Parental Options will be discarded.
5. Individual schools may require recommendation forms or other documentation. You must contact the individual schools to which you are applying to secure those forms. All required recommendation forms must be sent directly to the school(s) to which you are applying by the application deadline.
6. In order to be considered for Sibling Status, you must provide the correct Miami-Dade County Public Schools Student Identification Number for both the applicant and applicant's sibling(s). The applicant's sibling must be currently attending the magnet school for which they are applying and be in attendance for a minimum of one concurrent school year. The sibling must reside in the same household as the student who is applying, or documentation of joint custody must be provided. Siblings who meet eligibility requirements will be accepted based upon the availability of open seats in the grade level for which the student is applying.
7. If your child does not already have a Miami-Dade County Public Schools Student Identification Number, you should write "NO ID" on the application in the area labeled M-DCPS Student ID Number. Our office will issue an ID number with the information you provide on this application.
8. All notifications from schools will be mailed to your address currently registered with M-DCPS.
CONTACT THE SCHOOL YOU MUST CONTACT THE SCHOOL(S) TO WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO COMPLETE ANY INDIVIDUAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE SCHOOLS' PROGRAMS PRIOR TO THE END OF THE APPLICATION PERIOD ON JANUARY 15, 2012.